It’s a true Photographic Award, with an open call to collect the projects that will remain open from 7 February until 16 May 2022, with a simple registration and a participation fee of 30.00 Euros for each project registered for the Award.
On the website www.traveltalesaward.com each photographer can participate with one or more stories, composed of max 15 images and a synopsis, which can be a real “travel diary” or a story that accompanies the use of the images, helping to understand the meaning of the journey experienced or the human experiences, the teachings of life or the fascination of places or travel companions.
The call will be used to select the projects, which will be screened by a commission of experts and professionals composed as follows:
- Angelo Cucchetto, owner of Photographers.it and ISP, editor of CITIES
- Loredana De Pace, Journalist and curator
- Roberto Gabriele, photographer and owner of ViaggioFotografico.it
- Attilio Lauria, Journalist and curator
- Gigi Montali, photographer and Ad of Colorno Photo Life Festival
- Simona Ottolenghi, owner of ViaggioFotografico.it and curator of Otto Gallery
- Giovanni Pelloso, director of IL FOTOGRAFO Magazine
- Federica Berzioli, chief editor of IL FOTOGRAFO Magazine
Once the call is closed, the first project selection will take place: 50 “travel stories” will be selected, for their beauty, evocative power, depth of vision and use of photographic language. The list of the 50 selected works will be published by May 31st.
The commission then will examine the works in selection and will proceed to confirm by June 15th the projects that will access the proposed initiatives, and their authors will be notified. The planned initiatives are numerous, and include portfolios on Il Fotografo magazine, gallery on Magazine Cities, a large collective at Colorno Photo Life in September and various prizes.
On 1 October 2021, compatibly with the situation and regulations envisaged for COVID-19, the award ceremony of the selected authors will take place at OTTO Rooms & Photogallery in Rome, with a public event broadcast live on social media.